The Greenprint study area included the Memphis and West Memphis Metropolitan Planning Organizations (MPOs), covering four counties and 18 municipalities located in the states of Tennessee, Arkansas, and Mississippi. The study area boundaries include Shelby County, TN, and the cities of Arlington, Bartlett, Collierville, Germantown, Lakeland, Memphis, and Millington; northern DeSoto County, MS, including the cities of Hernando, Horn Lake, Olive Branch, Southaven, and Walls; eastern Crittenden County, AR, including the cities of West Memphis, Marion and Sunset; and western Fayette County, TN, including the cities of Piperton, Gallaway, and Braden.
The planning process for the Greenprint began with a visioning phase, laying the foundation for the regional plan. In addition to a detailed study of green space opportunities, existing plans, and regional sustainability indicators, the vision was supported by several, smaller plans and studies.
These studies include the Bus Transit to Workplace Study, Health Impact Assessment, Fair Housing and Equity Assessment, and 20 subplanning demonstration projects created by Consortium stakeholders. Each of these documents can be found in the Resource Library below.
- Bus Transit to Workplace Study
- Health Impact Assessment
- Fair Housing and Equity Assessment
- Arlington Loosahatchie River Greenway Plan
- Crosstown Greenline Connector Plan
- DeSoto County Natural Resources Plan
- Hernando Bicycle and Pedestrian Master Plan
- Frayser Town Center Plan
- Friendship Park Master Plan
- Green Leaf Learning Farm Expansion Plan
- Millington Greenways Plan
- Overton Park Bike-Ped Access Plan
- Shelby Farms Park and Greenline Access Study
- South Parkway Landscaped Median Restoration Plan
- V&E Greenline Entrance and Street Crossing Plan
- Wolf River Boat Launch Access Study
- YMCA Healthy Convenience Store Plan