The Coordinated Public Transit – Human Services Transportation Plan (CPT-HSTP) for the Greater Memphis Region is prepared in compliance with the federal transportation law Moving Ahead for Progress in the 21st Century (MAP-21), as well as the Fixing America’s Surface Transportation (FAST) Act.
The FAST Act requires that projects selected for funding through FTA’s Section 5310: Enhanced Mobility of Seniors and Individuals with Disabilities Program be “included in a locally developed, coordinated public transit – human services transportation plan” and that the plan be “developed and approved through a process that included participation by seniors, individuals with disabilities, representatives of public, private, and nonprofit transportation and human services providers and other members of the public.”
The purpose of the CPT-HSTP is to create a better transit system for transportation disadvantaged communities: older adults, persons with disabilities, and persons of low-income. The project effort included:
- Evaluating existing paratransit, demand response transportation, human service agency, non-profit and private for-profit providers;
- Assessing the transportation needs of transportation disadvantaged communities: including older adults, persons with disabilities, and persons of low-income;
- Identifying gaps, challenges, and duplications of services;
- Selecting short-term and long-term strategies for meeting unmet transportation needs; and
- Producing an action plan for funding and implementation of strategies and activities.
Coordinated Public Transit - Human Services Transportation Plan (CPT-HSTP) Update adopted February 18, 2021
The Coordinated Public Transit-Human Services Transportation Plan (CPT-HSTP) Update was adopted on February 18, 2021 during the Transportation Policy Board (TPB) meeting. Click on the links below to view and/or download the documents.
(To view these files in a flipbook, please click on the MPO Logo below. To use your default PDF viewer, click on the link below it.)
The Coordinated Public Transit‐Human Services Transportation Plan (CPT-HSTP) for the Greater Memphis Region) has been chosen as one of ten award winners of the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) 2017 Transportation Planning Excellence Awards (TPEA) Program. The CPT‐HSTP demonstrates a cooperative and comprehensive effort to establish a process that addresses the transportation needs of disadvantaged communities. For more information on the awards program, visit FHWA's TPEA Webpage.
The Memphis MPO has convened an Advisory Committee made up of representatives from regional transportation stakeholders to provide guidance on the progress of the plan’s short-term and long-term strategies. Within the Study Area for the CPT-HSTP, the following transportation stakeholders manage the Section 5310 Program:
- Memphis Area Transit Authority (MATA)
- Arkansas Department of Transportation (ARDOT)
- Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT)
- Tennessee Department of Transportation (TDOT)
Access agendas, meeting minutes, and presentations below:
|Coordinated Public Transit - Human Services Transportation Plan Advisory Committee|