As the Memphis Urban Area Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) is the forum for cooperative transportation decision making for the metropolitan planning area, the MPO will provide "individuals, affected public agencies, representatives of public transportation employees, public ports, freight shippers, providers of freight transportation services, private providers of transportation, representatives of users of public transportation, representatives of users of pedestrian walkways and bicycle transportation facilities, representatives of the disability community, and other interested parties with reasonable opportunities to be involved in the metropolitan transportation planning process."
Public Participation Plan
The Public Participation Plan (PPP) acts as a handbook that outlines the specific public participation methods and strategies for engagement and outreach the Memphis MPO can use to encourage and promote involvement. For more information on the MPO’s public involvement process, please visit our Public Participation Plan Webpage.
Connect with Us!
There are several ways you can stay informed about open houses, public meetings, and other opportunities to engage with the Memphis MPO
- Follow the Memphis MPO's Facebook Page, Twitter Account, YouTube Channel, and LinkedIn Profile
- Sign-Up for the MPO's Quarterly Newsletter, the Travel Times
- Review documents through the MPO's Library Packets or through the Regional Library Distribution System
- Explore the region's transportation infrastructure through the MPO's Interactive Webmap
- Check out the Memphis MPO's Meeting Calendar
Need an Accommodation?
Requests for reasonable accommodations, including meeting accommodations or to receive materials in alternative formats, should be directed to:
Title VI Coordinator
Memphis Urban Area MPO
125 N. Main Street, Suite 450
Memphis, TN 38103