Coordinated, long-range transportation planning is critical for the region to grow and evolve in a way that addresses local needs and priorities. All Metropolitan Planning Organizations (MPOs) are required to maintain a regional long-range transportation plan and the Regional Transportation Plan (RTP) serves as this plan for the Memphis MPO. To meet Federal regulations, the RTP must:
- Be updated every four years;
- Provide a minimum 20-year plan horizon;
- Identify long-range transportation goals and specific long- and short-range investment strategies across all modes of transportation to support meeting those goals;
- Support regional land use and economic development policies and plans;
- Demonstrate fiscal constraint for all funded projects;
- Demonstrate air quality conformity; and
- Reflect a broad set of public and stakeholder input.
MOVING TOGETHER 2050
MOVING TOGETHER 2050 Regional Transportation Plan is the Memphis MPO's current long range transportation plan. The plan was adopted by the Memphis MPO's Transportation Policy Board (TPB) on August 17, 2023. For more information on the MOVING TOGETHER 2050 RTP, click on the image below to visit the webpage.